About the Utah Concealed Carry Permit Class
- One class qualifies you to apply for both Utah and Arizona CCW permits This class fully satisfies Utah's concealed carry permit requirements. This class also satisifies Arizona's concealed carry permit requirements.
- Your resident CCW permit is not required to get an Arizona permit. Some states (like Ohio) can get the Arizona permit instead of their resident permit and still carry in their home state - 32 states total. Sorry but this does not work for WV residents.
- Your resident CCW permit is required to get a Utah permit. But you do not need it take the class. The class and paperwork are good for a year so you have plenty of time to get your resident permit after the class.
- Class time is approximately 4 hours - first half covers basic handgun and safety and second half concealed carry laws. Classes are instruction only with no written test or shooting involved. Only certified NRA and UT BCI instructors teach our classes.
- Fingerprints - Both Utah and Arizona require fingerpints with new permit applications. Utah requires one set of fingerprints and Arizona requires two sets. Fingerprinting is available at class time for an extra fee but you do not have to get them at our class. Photo ID is required for fingerprinting.
- Cost of class is typically $75 (but may vary by venue) plus $10 per fingerprint card (cash or check only paid at the class). All neccessary instruction and paperwork are provided. Passport photo provided for Utah permit at no add'l cost.
- Utah Permit Fee is $51 for first five years. Subsequent renewals are just $15 for five years. You do not need this fee the night of class but will mail this with your application to Utah.
- Arizona Permit Fee is $60 for first five years. Subsequent renewals are just $43 for five years. You do not need this fee the night of class but will mail this with your application to Arizona.